What Simon is up to:
- 12th Nov Nature Watch talk – Dorking Halls www.dorkinghalls.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=26565&eventid=28781
- 22nd Nov Talk at Ulster Wildlife Annual General Meeting http://www.ulsterwildlife.org/whats-on
- 25th Nov Talk to Preston Environmental Group, Preston on Stour, Stratford-upon-Avon
- 28th Feb An Audience with Simon King – Loughborough Town Hall
- 28th March Talk to Oxfordshire Womens Institute
- 24th April An Audience with Simon King – Thornbury Festival
- 9th May An Audience with Simon King – Oakengates Theatre, Telford
- 14th May Talk at Wedmore Arts Festival
- 16th June An Audience with Simon King – Auden Theatre, Holt.
We need the natural world for our own survival. With the inexorable and rapid rise in human populations and our insatiable appetite for resources, has come an unsustainable drain on the life support systems upon which we all depend. This is reflected in many global crises, but can be witnessed close to home in the catastrophic loss of wildlife and wild places.
If you are a regular visitor to SimonKingWildlife.com you will know that I took the first positive step on this journey in 2010, when I bought a 10 acre plot of overworked pastureland in Somerset and set about converting it into a haven for wildlife. In four short years the changes have been miraculous, with the variety and volume of wild creatures and wild plants and flowers on the land increasing enormously. This success story convinced me that landscape scale projects of a similar nature were possible, and the Simon King Wildlife Project was conceived.
Wanting to replicate the success of Wild Meadows, our charity, the Simon King Wildlife Project, was born of a desire to turn the tide against the loss of natural habitats and begin a movement to reclaim more land for the natural world.
We need your support to maintain the online project as it stands, and with your support we can expand this vision to new areas, converting degraded land into wild spaces that once again breathe life and hope back into our planet.