The Solitary Bee Hive is a bee house constructed in durable FSC-timber with stacking trays which can be opened for inspection and cleaning. Solitary bees are not only non-aggressive, but also incredibly beneficial to the pollination of flowers, fruit and vegetables in our gardens.
The hole sizes of this habitat are precisely specified to attract solitary bees like the Red Mason Bee and Leafcutter Bee. These friendly bees are industrious and safe around children and pets and are naturally attracted to holes in wood which have become harder to find in modern gardens.
Fascinating and great for education, the beehive trays can be carefully separated to view the formation of small cells where the eggs are laid, or indeed where predators have been active.
- Site in a sunny position facing between south south east to catch some morning sun.
- Mounting height between ground level and 1.5m.
- No chemical treatments needed as the habitat is made from durable FSC timber.
- Stacking trays may be inspected after bee activity has ceased in the late autumn and winter.
- Protect full bee tubes with mesh to prevent predation by woodpeckers.
Find our more about solitary bees and how to attract them to your garden.
H 200mm W220mm L 220mm
|Dimensions||17 × 16 × 18 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.